How to register?

Holgate Nannies is an intermediary agency who will help you with your job search. To register with Holgate Nannies you need a minimum of three years experience working as a professional nanny or three years professional childcare experience. We value experience as much as qualifications so please make sure you mention both when applying. You don't need childcare qualifications to register with Holgate Nannies as we are an agency rather than a bureau. You need an EU passport or have appropriate visa or work permits. ​Interviews take place at our offices in Amsterdam. 

All nannies registered with Holgate Nannies must have the following: 


  • EU Passport or work permits

  • Legal to work in the Netherlands

  • Written and verbal references 

  • Minimum of three years as a professional nanny or three years childcare experience

  • Police check *

  • Certified Paediatric First Aid qualification*

  • High school qualifications


Holgate Nannies will:

  • Help you find potential nanny families

  • Support you during the interview process

  • Supply template contracts. 

The hourly rate of pay depends on experience. The minimum hourly rate is €13 gross.  

To apply please email your CV to

If you have had childcare and non childcare jobs please include both on your CV. It's important to have dates of how long you were in each job. Please include your name but remove any of your personal details including phone numbers and address. In accordance with the GDPR when describing your nanny roles please remove families names. 

After your interview Holgate Nannies will supply a reference form for you to complete. We will check five or more years of references. Please make your references aware we will be contacting them. We will want to contact as many childcare references as possible but if you have had non childcare jobs we are also keen to talk with them. References from family members and relatives are not accepted.


**We are happy to interview you before you have applied for a VOG and First Aid certificate. We can give guidance on how and where to apply for a VOG and First Aid certificate. If you do not currently live in The Netherlands or have lived here for less than 6 months you will need to apply for a police check from your current country of residence. If you are in the UK you will need an enhanced DBS. You can interview with our families but not be officially placed in a job until you have your VOG and First Aid certificate.